Twin Rivers and it’s affiliates 200+ employees believe that the future of our environment and its impact on future generations should be one of our top priorities. When environmental and health attributes are integrated into furniture specifications along with traditional requirements, they ensure that well-performing, cost-effective products that are more healthful and sustainable are produced.
Twin Rivers utilizes numerous production and recycling practices that minimize our products impact on the environment, reduce waste, and assure manufacturing methods and processes are environmentally friendly and that Twin Rivers has done its part to ensure the world will be a better place for generations to come.
LEED/LEAN Manufacturing Practices
- Twin Rivers endorses the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System for commercial and institutional buildings. The Green Building Council knows you can not build a zero-carbon emission building without using wood.
- Our production of hardwood furniture generates a relatively low level of emissions and waste. In fact, at Twin Rivers scrap lumber and sawdust are used to heat our plant and lower energy consumption.
- Twin Rivers is committed to forest preservation and renewal. We purchase our lumber from hardwood mills where the forest management practice of new timber growth must significantly exceed the amount of timber harvest.
- Products manufactured by Twin Rivers are stronger and last longer than products manufactured using particle board. A longer lifecycle reduces landfill contribution and ultimately operational cost. Purchasing a product that is priced low but wears out prematurely does not help the environment or the customer’s bottom line.
- Twin Rivers uses high performance finishing products that were designed and manufactured to reduce environmental impact and to meet or exceed the most stringent regulatory requirements.
Recycle/Reduce Waste Program
- Twin Rivers’ upholstery is produced environmentally friendly by using recycled materials. We use recycled springs, webbing, bio-based foam and organic fabrics and threads.
- Twin Rivers promotes “Green” Crypton commercial upholstery fabrics, which are made from 100 percent recycled polyester.
- Twin Rivers ships furniture “blanket wrapped” and eliminates the need for cardboard boxes.
The world can no longer be complacent on the present and long-term effects its products and industry practices play on the environment. We must be conscientious producers and consumers, actively aware of what waste products we pour into our sewers and discard into our landfills. Each of us must think “Green” and be advocates and practitioners of our own environment responsibilities.